It is finished. Almost. It’s as finished as either Colin and I care to get it right now. On the kit box, it says “Mansions in Minutes!”, which makes me laugh. It should say “Mansions in Months!” It took us a month to finish it from the point it was when we inherited it. It’s been nice to have a project to work on together. I have to brag about Colin a minute. There were a few instructions that came with it, but I don’t think he opened them. He did this completely from looking at the picture on the box. He should be an engineer or something… I think we need a new project. Last night was the first night we didn’t have anything to work on and we just watched TV. I felt so unproductive.
Colin plans to put some wheels or something on the bottom so it’s easier to move—it’s very heavy. We also didn’t finish the inside and just painted it white. I think I want to wait until Annie is old enough to help pick colors, flooring, etc. By then, we won’t be burnt out on the project and it will be something fun to do together. That’s when I plan on getting real dollhouse furniture for it. For now, we are collecting Fisher-Price Loving Family Dollhouse furniture for it. It’s much more toddler friendly and I won’t worry about any little children breaking things. I hope it doesn’t cheapen this amazing dollhouse too much. So if you see any Fisher-Price Loving Family Dollhouse furniture on sale/clearance at Kmart (or ToysRUs) let me know!
A BIG THANKS to Colin’s sisters for giving us this dollhouse!
Here’s what Annie’s room looks like now. Yes, there’s still nothing up on the walls. I sure wish I could paint…
4 comments:
that dollhouse is super cute!!
ps, that was meli under johns account;D
Ooooh, Awwwww, Ohhhhh!
I knew that John didn't call your doll house "super cute". I think that your doll house turned out better than the picture on the box.
Post a Comment