Monday, May 9, 2011

Bear Prison

Saturday we went to Yellowstone Bear World by Rigby, Idaho. I have always called it Bear Prison and poked fun at it because of how commercial it is. It’s sort of a drive through zoo with animals you might see in Yellowstone, but since they are all captive, you are guaranteed to see them. I have never actual been before, partly because “I have standards”, but mostly because it is really expensive. This weekend, mothers got in free, so what would have cost $48 for three adults to get in, it only cost $16. While I might question the ethics of such a place, I can’t deny that it was awesome to see these animals up close. I was most impressed by the wolves because it’s an animal I’ve never seen up close before or in the wild. I took lots of pictures that I like (with my new lens), but I thought I would spare you by putting them in an album instead of making you look at them one by one.

I was imagining that would have a handful of bears, but they have dozens and dozens of them. Part of the park has the new baby bears and a petting zoo. The cubs were extremely cute. Jackson liked them the best.

DSC_0522

DSC_0542

DSC_0569

DSC_0572

In case you can’t tell, I’ve hit that special point in my pregnancy where I am retaining lots of water. I pretty much hate all the pictures of me taken right now because I’m Mrs. Puffy-Face-Marie. But, as Colin teases me, if there isn’t a picture taken of it, it didn’t happen. So for history’s sake, here is almost 8 months pregnant me at Bear Prison. To make up for it, here is my favorite picture from the trip:

DSC_0549

No comments: