Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The List

I’m sure most of you are sick of me talking about this pregnancy. I am. None the less, Jackson is asleep, the house is clean, and I feel like doing something productive, so I am going to make a packing list for the hospital and for Jackson. If I write this down on paper, it will just get lost, so here it is.

 

  • For Labor/Delivery
    • cute socks
    • chap stick & lotion
    • secret drinks and snacks for me
    • food for Colin
    • entertainment/distractions (books, movies, laptop)  
    • camera and video camera (SD card and charged batteries)
    • cell phone (battery charged)
  • For hospital stay
    • nursing cover, boppy, a burp rag, a baby blanket and receiving blanket
    • shampoo, hair brush, makeup, other toiletries
    • bath robe or night gown
    • ear plugs and my own pillow
  • For going home
    • going home clothes for me
    • a going home outfit for Annie (or a couple to choose from :) )
    • car sea
  • Jackson
    • tent, pillow, blankie, sleeping bag, binky
    • couple sets of clothes and some pj’s
    • diapers, wipes, toothbrush, toothpaste
    • water bottle
    • awesome nemo backpack
image

What am I missing? What did you wish you had brought? What were you grateful you had?

Last time, I was extremely grateful for the M&Ms and powerade Colin sneaked me. I desperately wished for better pillows and ear plugs because of how hard it was to sleep in the hospital. I also would love a “do not disturb” sign for the door. It was the darndest thing to be desperately trying to learn how to nurse when cleaning people would walk in as they pleased. I’m pretty sure one of them was male once, but my mind could be exaggerating the situation. I also wished I had a nice baby blanket because the hospital receiving blankets seemed old and itchy.

 

By the way, be looking for the big reveal of the completed doll house soon! (I hope.)

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Good list. I was glad I brought several different sized going-home-outfits for C. when she was born. She was way bigger than I thought she'd be.

Cadenza said...

We also brought a small present (a little baby doll)"from the baby" to give to Ella, so she would have something fun to help her adjust to all this attention on this new little thing.

Oh, and don't forget the chargers for the phone. I used mine more than I thought I would. I also took some cds of a labour playlist I made. I didn't get to use it in labour, but it was really nice to help me relax when I couldn't sleep and Andrew got stuck at home with the snowstorm outside.