Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Home Stretch: 36 weeks

16 weeks20 weeks24 weeks

28 Weeks32 weeks36 weeks

 

We are almost done! I had my 36 week appointment today. I will see the doctor every week from here on out. My blood pressure is still low (good). Annie is head down. I’m dilated to 2 cm. (He didn’t say an effacement) In pregnancy speak, that doesn’t mean much. I could go into labor any day or in a few weeks. I’m guessing not any day because I haven’t been having any discernable contractions. I’m excited about that 2 because at least it wasn’t a 0!

As a review, early labor is dilating 0-3 cm, active labor is dilating 4-6 cm, transitional labor is 7-10 cm, 10 cm is pushing time. Women usually head to the hospital sometime during active labor.

Happy day!

UPDATED: I found written somewhere that I was dilated to 1 cm at my 38 week appointment with Jackson. He was born at 39 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the home stretch!!!
I remember being VERY ready to not be pregnant at this point.