Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We ♥ Summer

DSC_0184

Jackson and I went for another hike today up battle creek.  I know it seems likes that’s all we ever do. All winter long, I can’t wait for summer and vow that I will get the most out of summer and not let a day go by without doing something outside. We are doing pretty good with that goal.

 

DSC_0165

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0136

When I ran a full marathon a few years ago, I ended up with tendonitis in my foot. I had to wear a boot for a couple weeks to let it heal. After my last long run, that same tendon started to feel funny. It’s not full blown tendonitis yet, but I have a feeling if I were to do another 10+ mile run it would get inflamed. I think I’m not going to run my 1/2 marathon in a few weeks. I haven’t paid my money yet and I am kind of sick of running. That’s why I have been hiking more. Costco is supposed to be getting their bike trailers in this week and I want to get one so I can do biking. I think I will stick to shorter races this summer and try to avoid injuring myself.

 

image

I’m getting really excited for my favorite holiday. This year we are going to Idaho Falls. I am going to run a 5k with my sisters in the morning. They do the fireworks choreographed to music on the river-it’s amazing! I ♥ summer!

 

 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love Idaho Falls fireworks. Laying by the river and listening to the music and watching the beautiful display. So great!