I love being able to walk a couple of blocks from my house and see lovely things.
Jackson has started posing for my pictures and I am thrilled. Before now, he has always been too busy playing to stop and look at the camera and smile. Jackson has had a scratchy throat for a couple of days. He hasn’t acted sick at all, so I think it is from the hot dry air and sleeping with his mouth open. I wondered if any of you have experience with your kids with that. I was going to try a humidifier tonight to see if that helps him. His newest word that he uses the most often is “Ow” which he has said for a long time when he wanted out of his high chair. Well, I think he recently decided that “Ow” means “help me” so all day long I hear “ow, ow, ow, ow” because he wants help with a train or getting milk, etc. I will take “ow” any day over whining and crying.
3 comments:
haha, ow is funny
We have a humidifier and it has come in handy several times. It helps Blake sleep tons better when he has a stuffy nose. Actually, we have had 2 - at first we had a cheap vicks humidifier which didn't seem to last too well for us. The second one we got is a sunbeam brand and I have liked it a lot more - it is easier to clean and seems to work much better in my opinion. If you are interested in specific models, let me know and I can get you the information - we got both at walmart as I recall. (sprasmussen@gmail.com)
Katrina, about the ant thing below: ants don't like mints, or plants from the mint family. Science isn't totally sure why, but it's likely it throws off their sensors. You can make a spray yourself by either boiling some mint plant leaves (it's like a weed, so surely either you or your neighbor has some - salvia is also from the mint family and would work as well) or get some mint extract from the store, spraying it on your doorstep, or drizzling a line of it by the door should act as an excellent deterrent (there's a full article about it here). Good luck with that!
Post a Comment