Friday, June 11, 2010

The Last Canyon

DSC_0120I have explored a good part of Utah Valley and I realized that I have hiked  (or driven) up every single canyon in the Valley, except one. So today, Jackson and I went for a hike up the last canyon—Dry Canyon. I think I may have left the best for last, but it’s a tough call because Rock Canyon is my favorite.  Perhaps I can find someone to pay me to write reviews of the different canyons.

google map white

It was the perfect day for hiking this morning and these pictures should stand as proof that Utah can get really green for even just a little while.

 

DSC_0121

DSC_0138

 DSC_0183DSC_0128

DSC_0155

DSC_0160

DSC_0190

 

I had a Julie Andrews “Sound of Music” moment (as Mandy called it) and kind of got carried away and hiked higher than I meant to.

“I’m sorry. I couldn’t help myself. The hills were beckoning…you see the sky was so blue and everything was so green and fragrant, I had to be a part of it. The Untersberg led me higher like it wanted me to go through the clouds.”

Just look at this trail! See what  I mean?

DSC_0180

 

One last picture…

DSC_0064

Here Jackson is enjoying our new bedding. In the four years we have been married, we haven’t ever had real matching bedding.  I had a very girly and colorful bed set that we used when we first got married. It looked like the bedroom of a 16 year old girl so I felt bad for Colin and stopped using it. Since then we have used various combinations of blankets and sheets, non of which really matched. The new bedding isn’t very fancy but it is manly for Colin and it does match and it seems to make Jackson happy.

3 comments:

Genny said...

Do you go hiking by yourself? if so, how safe do you feel? just wondering, in case I do something like that.

Carolyn said...

How can it be that we have so many incredible photographers in this family?

Meli said...

I love jacksons face!