Friday, June 18, 2010

Early Father’s Day

DSC_0003

DSC_0013

After having a hard day today with Jackson’s surgery, I just felt like doing something fun, so we celebrated Father’s Day early. I am so happy that I married Colin. He is such a good daddy. Jackson is so delighted when Colin gets home from work and is very upset when Colin leaves. Jackson’s favorite thing to do with Colin is probably wrestling on the bed.

I made Colin do a little scavenger hunt to look for his father’s day presents. The first clue, and apparently the hardest, said “he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children and the hearts of the children to the fathers…”. Poor Colin DSC_0094was over thinking this clue like a good engineer would. All I wanted him to do was to look in his scriptures for the next clue. He successfully found all his gifts.

For dinner we picked up some pizzas from Dominos. I wanted to see what they taste like now. They are pretty good, better than Little Caesars, not as good as Pizza Hut, but probably a tad bit healthier because the crust isn’t soaked in grease like Pizza Hut. We took our pizzas to Highland Glen Park. Jackson liked throwing rocks in the pond and LOVED throwing bread to the ducks. A nice couple gave him a few slices of bread. We are going to have to go back with lots more bread. As you can tell Jackson is 100% fine after his surgery.

 

 

 

DSC_0127

 

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I'm so glad things worked out with the surgery. Sounds like the perfect day to celebrate early.