2010 was lovely. With only one tragedy, a month of long hours and stress at Colin’s job, and a month of being sick, it was a smooth ride. We have been so blessed, I’m always so suspicious that something bad is going to happen at any time. Let’s hope 2011 is just as wonderful.
Besides our little drive, I spent a lot of yesterday preparing the new excel document for our budget. Maybe that doesn’t sound exciting or fun, but I am very proud of my budget making excel skills. I think I am good enough to get paid to do people’s budgets (isn’t there a profession for that?) and wish I could show it off here but apparently it’s uncouth to show your finances to all your friends and family.
This is how Jackson spent much of the day yesterday:
This tub is where we keep all the balls. He likes to sit in the tub (on top of balls) and throw balls into the hoop. I don’t understand why he spends so much time sitting in that tub.
We got a gift card from Mandy for Christmas to Chili’s and I had planned on using it New Year’s eve, but I didn’t want to go to a restaurant and cough all over everyone. Fortunately, there is such a thing as Chili’s To Go, so we got the yummy food without fighting with Jackson to be good in the restaurant or having to pay a tip. It worked out really well.
Colin and I actually stayed up until midnight. Not really on purpose. We just happened to start a movie at 10:00 and it finished in time for us to watch the ball drop in New York.
I don’t really believe in New Year’s resolutions, mostly because I’ve never met someone that makes and keeps them, or even remembers them by February. It seems like all year I am very aware of what I need to be working on and that every day is a new start to try and get it right. I do think about what needs to happen in the new year. For example, we need to get Jackson off pacifiers at night this year, and we need to get Jackson into a big boy bed. And we need to survive the first couple months with a newborn. And there’s something about getting Jackson potty trained too. So, most of my goals have to do with mom stuff. Even our financial goals have to do with getting another baby here. Being parents sure changes things.
Have a happy new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment