Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Just what the doctor ordered

Mandy called me this afternoon and asked if I wanted to go snowshoeing. This is exactly what I needed. I think I have had the winter blues pretty bad being stuck in the house. So I took some pregnancy friendly cough syrup and we went up American Fork Canyon.  It was fabulous.

First, we ran into this guy. We were much more excited to see him than he was to see us.

DSC_0054 

DSC_0051

We found a groomed cross country skiing trail to go on. We tried to stay to the side of the trail not to ruin it. In case any grandmas or grandpas are worried about whether Jackson was warm enough, he had his footie jammies on, then sweat pants, sweat shirt, then snow pants and coat, hat, hood, mittens, wool socks and boots. He loved being outside. I’m afraid he hasn’t gotten to play outside for a long time and I could tell he misses it.

DSC_0057 

DSC_0073

Our snowshoeing sponsor.

DSC_0065

DSC_0061

DSC_0088

DSC_0093

 

DSC_0126  

I feel so much better! Thanks Mandy.

1 comment: