Moving Jackson out of his crib has been very successful so far! I bought a $20 “Cars” dome tent that’s only 5’x3’. Yesterday, I bought a new crib/toddler size mattress and a “Cars” sheet set. Jackson was ecstatic about his new bed in a tent. He has slept great, both at naps and last night. He likes to sleep with it zipped up, but he can get out by himself. He woke up twice last night (which is normal) and seemed a little confused as he climbed out of the tent and staggered around. I think we might need to get a night light so he doesn’t hurt himself doing that. This morning at 7:00 he climbed out of his tent and came and got me for the morning.
Staged sleeping for photo:
Real sleeping:
I could tell Jackson has no real attachment to his crib, especially because his new tent bed is so awesome, so I took down his crib today. That got me going on all kinds of nesting activities as I started pulling baby things out of storage, starting dejunking, and scheming for what I’m going to do to turn the office into a nursery. The whole point of getting Jackson out of his crib so early was that he wouldn’t get jealous and feel like the new baby stole his bed. But, I have feeling he might get jealous about other things. He loves his old car seat.
After we are experts at the big boy bed thing, it will be time for debinkification. That, I’m afraid, will be much more difficult than moving Jackson out of his crib.
2 comments:
Great idea with the early bed transfer & good luck with the binky!
Debinkification. Haha. I love it. We'll need to work together on that one...
Post a Comment