Here is some pictures from today. First is a picture of me 16 weeks pregnant:
It’s not a great picture. I’m not even smiling. I thought there should be some documentation somewhere of my growing tummy. I sort of regret not taking pictures in my first pregnancy. It seems like I would be the kind of person to do some meticulous week by week display to show my tummy growing. I don’t do this for the pure and simple reason that I am self-conscious. I’m still not entirely convinced this bump is baby and not just me fattening up.
Today I had my 16 week appointment. Everything still looks good. The heart rate was 147. According to the scientifically disproven theory, that means it’s a girl. It’s fun to guess and have other people guess. In 4 weeks we will know either way.
I know you are sick of hearing about me being sick, but I need to write this somewhere so I can read it again in a few years and say, wow, I didn’t remember it was that bad. It’s been 2 weeks since I got this respiratory infection and yesterday I thought I had gotten over it. I even exercised for the first time in forever. Anyway, tonight I feel like I am getting sick all over again. It is extremely frustrating. There is nothing I can do. I did figure out there are some decongestants and cough medicines you can take while pregnant, and that’s been a huge relief. I’m very grateful for Tylenol, but I sure miss my Ibuprofen.
Today Jackson made yummy cookies. I got fancy cinnamon burst baking chips for Christmas from my mom. They were the inspiration for today’s oatmeal cookies. I made, I mean Jackson made a regular oatmeal cookie recipe, omitted the cinnamon and added about 1/3 of this 8 oz bag of cinnamon chips. They are really really good.
Jackson hiding in the living room while I use the hand mixer. 2 years 3 months old and still very afraid of the hand mixer.
It’s good to have daddy home.
The last pictures aren’t from today, but I am still behind in blogging from Christmas. I have an SD card full of pictures of kids opening presents, etc that I can’t even bring myself to go through because the quantity of pictures is overwhelming. I still need to do thank you cards for all the nice Christmas presents we got. So, don’t worry, we are very grateful, and the gratitude will be in the mail soon. I like to worry, and one of the things I worry about is Colin out working in the cold. That’s why I am so glad he ordered this coat and bib. I love seeing Colin in his work clothes. Yesterday, he was finishing up some work in St. George that he couldn’t do last week because of the flooding.
2 comments:
You look great! But that awkward phase until you reach about 24 weeks is a little rough. Take lots of pictures though. I used to take one every 4 weeks. Glad I did. Jackson's cute. I love that he's still afraid of the mixer. And it's always nice to have daddy back. :)
Yeah for a pregnancy picture! You look awesome!
Sara is afraid of the hand mixer too. Makes her cry every time.
Post a Comment