Monday, January 17, 2011

Days like these

 

I love having a great day, like today. Jackson slept in this morning so I woke up to the sound of rain at 7:20. This was instantly exciting to me because it meant that I got to sleep in and extra hour and that at 7:20 in the morning it was already well above freezing. Today was extremely warm for a mid January day. It was glorious. We started out the day by going for a big walk to a park. The storm cleared the yucky air out so we could breath clean air and enjoy blue sky and the bright sun.

  

 

After we got home we rushed off to Discovery Gateway children’s museum in downtown Salt Lake to meet up with my sister-in-law Melissa and Jackson’s cousin S. It was awesome. Jackson was almost overwhelmed with how much there was to do. We only spent two hours there because I could see how tired Jackson was getting, but you could easily spend all day there with a kid. I highly recommend it for toddler and older aged kids. 

 

HPIM3294 HPIM3295 

 

For dinner, we had my favorite comfort food: meatloaf and baked potatoes. I know that might seem like a strange favorite, but there’s a story behind it. My mom was so good to come when Jackson was born and she was extremely helpful. I hated being in the hospital and  after the trauma of labor, I wanted to go home terribly. When we finally came home, my mom made us a delicious dinner of meatloaf and baked potatoes. It was, in every sense, comfort food. To this day, eating meatloaf and potatoes seems to make everything all better.

 

To finish the day, there was lovely sunset. I love days like these.

 

Just as I was about to click publish, Jackson threw up all over Colin. That sounds about right.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I hope you like meat loaf and bakes potatoes in June.

Meli said...

oh wooow going out with snow?? i cant go outside unless is sunny and not less than 45! i m wimpy, texas i curse you!! hahaha