Friday, December 31, 2010

The last adventure of the year

I made Colin take us for a drive today, even though we are both sick. (Jackson seems to have been miraculously spared). I started to write a complaining post this morning about how much I hate winter but luckily didn’t publish it. Seems I just needed to get out of the house. I wanted to find a bald eagle because they winter in Utah along the rivers and lakes, so we went for a short drive between Lindon and Provo along the lake. I amazed we are able to find wild and pretty things even within the city limits. We didn’t find any eagles, but found some lovely birds anyway. If you can’t tell from the pictures, it’s cold here!

DSC_0014

 

DSC_0029

Frozen Utah Lake

DSC_0003 

 DSC_0021 

Red-Tailed Hawk

 

 

 

DSC_0042

American Kestrel

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Did you know kestrels can hover like hummingbirds?