Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pregnancy is no picnic, unless you have tabasco sauce

I thought I better write a few things about this pregnancy, because if I don’t, I won’t remember it.

I had my first appointment Tuesday, (Dec 7th). I really like my doctor’s office. My old doctor, I could wait a good 30-45 minutes in the waiting room before being called back, and then there was usually more waiting in the room. This office is so speedy and seems to be really on top of things. I really appreciated it because I had Jackson with me this time. He did really well. He was a little concerned about them touching me and taking my blood pressure, but when I reassured him that I was fine, he didn’t care. All my labs look normal. The nurse found the babies heart beat right away. I told Jackson that we were listening to the baby. I thought he might be interested in that, but he didn’t seem to care. Oh well. I definitely am loving not being a fist time mom because the nursing staff and doctors treat you like you know what you are doing. My due date is still June 18th by the way.

I am excited to be finishing up my first trimester. I can already tell I am less fatigued. I should say I am fatigued less often. Every few days I still fall asleep on the couch in the evening or need a nap in during the day.  I am really excited to leave behind nausea. With Jackson, I was never nauseated. I am still very blessed to not be anywhere as sick as many women get. I’ve only vomited once, but it still has been a big deal to me.

image

My food cravings have been more like food aversions this time. The big aversion is  to  boxed foods or premade foods (not counting foods from restaurants). I have been doing all my cooking from scratch for this reason, but even the foods I make can turn out gross to me. So, I discovered that if I dump tabasco sauce on a food, it instantly because edible. It’s because the hot flavor over powers any of the other flavors that aren’t as yummy to me. I’ve even put this stuff on noodles with spaghetti sauce.  Besides my craving for hot spicy foods, I also have had a thing for potatoes. Oh so yummy. I remember loving potatoes more with Jackson too. 

 

My big goal with this pregnancy is to only gain 35 lbs. I’ve gained about 6 lbs this first trimester. I wish it had only been 2-4, but I’m glad it’s not 12 lbs. I was surprised how quickly running became difficult to do. Running with a jogging stroller is just too hard, so I’ve only gone running by myself. I’ve done a lot more walking, and Colin has been so nice as to keep me company. I’ve also started doing exercise videos. Jackson is so cute as he tries to exercise with me. 

I have a tummy, so I’ve had to be a little creative with my clothes. I’ve had some clothing donations from sisters which has helped.  Finding clothes that fit a 6ft tall woman was already extremely difficult. Finding maternity clothes for a 6ft woman is almost impossible. My maternity clothes from my first pregnancy are for summer time and they way too big because I gained so much weight with that pregnancy. So, I am fine as long as I can wear jogging pants. I may have to find some tall maternity clothes online.

 

I’m not as positivie it’s a girl anymore. However, I don’t have any boy names I really like. In church, I made a long list of boy names off the top of my head and grouped them in groups of 5. I had Colin circle which one was his favorite from each grouping. I noticed the trend that every single name he picked was a very traditional, from the bible name: James, Benjamin, Thomas, Paul, etc. So, that’s where I have to start from.

No comments: