Saturday, July 31, 2010

What’s New?

I have a new calling (responsibility) at church.  I am the Relief Society pianist. I am excited because I haven’t had a chance to play the piano in a long time. It sort of shows. I hope to polish my skills up soon. I still have my other calling in compassionate service. Anyone need a meal?

 

I went to a couponing class at my friend Amanda’s house. I don’t think I have ever used  a coupon before but I was intrigued by how she was able to get loads of stuff for just a couple of bucks. I admit, I was completely overwhelmed and stressed by the thought of changing how I shop and plan meals and how much work it looked like it would be. I decided to give it a shot because it would be really nice to save some money. I’m also interested in building up food storage because that hasn’t seemed to happen yet. If this couponing thing catches, I might become one of those women you see in the store with a giant binder full of coupons. Thanks Amanda!

My mom-in-law gave me an amazing suggestion this past week. She said I should write a guide book for hikes in the area with an emphasis on hiking with children. What a great idea! It’s going to take a lot of work to produce a well-written and thorough book. I think I have a pretty good start with all of my experience. Thank you Donna!

That’s the news from Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are good lookin’ and all the children are above average. First person to correctly identify the source of that quote, gets a virtual high five from me.

DSC_0288

3 comments:

Genny said...

I agree with your mom-in-law. You should write a book! Passive income. Nice.

Carolyn said...

Garrison Keillor.

Amanda said...

You seem to have done awesome so far with your couponing! Keep it up and you'll definitely start seeing savings! :)