Saturday, July 17, 2010

Running Photography

This post might just look like a bunch of blurry poorly taken photos, which it basically is, but it is a little bit more than that. This morning I took my little HP photosmart point and click camera on my long run. The idea came from the movie “Yes Man” (crude movie, don’t watch it) where the main girl has a running photography club. It’s pretty silly and none of the pictures turn out really well because you don’t stop to set up the shot or anything. I have to say it was the most fun I’ve had on a run in a long time. The entire time I was looking for things to take a picture of and not thinking about how tired I was.

HPIM3019

                Starting out from my house at 6:00 AM                    

 

HPIM3023

                 Thousands of starlings flying over

 

 HPIM3030

                Wagon wheel

 

 HPIM3042

                      A barn with faded red paint

HPIM3043

                Abandoned bus

 HPIM3045

               Purple wildflowers

 

HPIM3048

           A house I really like

  HPIM3050

              Bird houses and flowers

 

HPIM3067

     A dead, empty, must-have- been-hit-by-the-recession housing development 

 

HPIM3075

      An old house

HPIM3083

It didn’t seem respectful to take a blurry picture of the temple, so here’s a nice one. If you are curious about LDS temples, you can watch a short youtube movie about them HERE and see the answers to some frequently asked questions HERE.

3 comments:

msm said...

Based on the blur of the photos, you must have been running fairly fast.

Abi said...

Thanks for the explinations...needed those. :-D Fun!

Rebe said...

That is a fun idea! It looks like you run quite a bit faster than me! I am pretty sure my pictures would be mostly in focus!