Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lots of Forks

image 

Today’s adventure was a loop up the right fork of Hobble Creek Canyon (Springville), down Diamond Fork Canyon and out through Spanish Fork Canyon. Most of this loop is paved and the parts that are gravel are still really good roads. I’d recommend this loop to people that don’t have a high clearance vehicle and want see some nice mountains and forests. It’s about 40 miles from the point you go into Hobble Creek Canyon and the point you come out of Spanish Fork Canyon.

 

DSC_0006

We stopped to hike a little up a trail off of Hobble Creek. We found some nice rocks that were, I’m guessing, something like Birdseye rhyolite. I know they look like fossils, but they weren’t.

 

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0020

DSC_0048

DSC_0049        DSC_0059

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jackson snuggling with his new best buddy Buzz. Very sweet. We also stopped to play by the creek in Diamond Fork Canyon—so shady, green, and pleasant.

 

 

 

DSC_0096