Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Highly Recommended

Today we found someplace NEW! I thought I had been everywhere close to home, but turns out I was wrong. We went up the trail to Big Springs. The trail head starts at Big Springs Park up the same little canyon Vivian Park is in off of Provo Canyon. I am amazed I hadn’t heard about this trail before. It was perfect! Lots of green, lots of shade, lots of variety, lots of aspens and pine trees, and lots of little foot bridges to cross over. The spring makes a creek that is lovely with lots of moss covered rocks and wild flowers. The trail is pretty flat and mostly soft dirt—perfect for mountain biking. There is a nice view of some pretty mountains that I’m not familiar with. This trail would be a great place to bring kids to hike. I think it took about an hour to get to the springs, but that’s with stopping to let Jackson play. The only part that is even a little steep is the last quarter mile to the springs. The trails continues on up the mountain after that point. Here are a few pictures. My camera battery died which was tragic because of how pretty everything was. I used my cell phone for the last couple of pictures.

 

DSC_0114DSC_0125DSC_01354a916fbe60a2__12790202180006ccb3afe29c5__1279019676000   4369f3e0a77d__1279019937000

1 comment:

Genny said...

Seriously, why are you so far away? We could be adventuring together!!!