Thursday, April 28, 2011

You belong in a zoo

Today was finally a nice warm spring day so we headed to the zoo with Bethany and Celeste. Zoos are so much more fun when you are with toddlers.

DSC_0300

DSC_0358

 

 

 

The best animals were the elephants – baby elephant Zuri!

DSC_0321

 I wanted a picture of us with the mama and baby Zuri elephants posed in the background like this:

 

DSC_0324

(amazing Bethany lifting 60+ lbs of toddler)

 

But instead I got an great big elephant bum:

DSC_0333

 

Please, no weight-related jokes about me and the elephant. Okay, maybe just a few: “The elephant is the one on the right.” “Hey, one of the elephants escaped!” “I thought they only had three elephants at the zoo.” “Hey, that one is giving rides to kids!” 

The other best animals were the giraffes. The first picture is of a giraffe licking the entry way to the giraffe house. Giraffe tongues make me laugh.

 

DSC_0365 

 

DSC_0368

Jackson, suddenly feeling not as tall as everybody tells him he is.

1 comment:

msm said...

What was that big salad bowl doing on the baby elephant's bum?