Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Things

Video 57 0 00 06-11Jackson is officially 2.5 years old now.  You might have noticed I gave Jackson a buzz cut. I’m not thrilled about having to do that, but trying to give a normal haircut with how he was acting was going to be impossible. He needed a haircut so badly because of the goofy hair in the back that always was sticking up.

Video 53 0 00 13-21  Video 53 0 00 00-01 

 

One of Jackson’s newest thing is putting together 24 piece puzzles. I love it because it keeps him occupied for long periods of time. Depending on his mood, he can sit and put one together all by himself. If he’s grumpy he gets frustrated and wants help. He will put one together and then take it apart and put it back together again. I need to buy him some more so he doesn’t memorize the puzzles and get bored.  

DSC_0650DSC_0651 

We bought Jackson his first tricycle. I paid lots more for it than I wanted to, but we were having a hard time finding a tricycle big enough for him. Ones made for 2-3 year olds were obviously already too small for him. This one is supposed to be for a 3-5 year old. It’s taken him a few days to get the coordination down to go. We still need to work on continuous peddling and steering. I think he likes feeling like a big kid on a bike. Be looking for a video of it soon.

DSC_0844

 

I have been busy nesting the past few weeks. I should say we have been busy nesting. Poor Colin has to be oh so very helpful about all my nesting needs. I decided I couldn’t stand thought of baby girl sharing the room with our ugly office stuff so the things in our office were boxed up or disseminated throughout the house. I couldn’t help noticing how much larger the room that was our office was than Jackson’s room and it didn’t seem right that his baby sister should get the big room, so we put Jackson in what used to be the office and turned Jackson’s old room into the nursery. In the top picture is the first evidence of Jackson not wanting to share with his baby sister. Jackson never ever plays with stuffed animals so I didn’t think he’d care if I put some in her room. I was wrong. He cared.

Video 53 0 00 00-01 (2)Video 57 0 00 12-33 

 The room needs some work. It needs curtains. I need to find a better matching sheet for the crib set and fix the ties on the bumper pads (and decide if I will even use bumper pads because of SIDS). The walls are completely bare. I’m trying to think of some fun art project to put up that costs little to no money. By the way, that’s been the goal with baby #2, is to spend as little money as possible. We are so grateful for all the hand-me-downs, gifts, and other items family members have given us. We are so lucky to have such a nice family. Check it out, this list is getting even smaller!

a dresser, a new crib mattress, girl crib bedding, new Boppy, blankets, receiving blankets, burp rags, bows and hairclips, some dresses for church, onsies, sling for a little baby, carseat cover/canopy thing, diapers, wipes, baby bath, 

 

Here are some pictures of Jackson’s room, mostly to show you the amazingly creative and crafty wall pillows my mom made for him. There’s a lightning McQueen/Mater one, a construction site one with a bulldozer and “taco” (track-hoe), and my favorite, a Front Runner train one. He needs curtains too.

Video 63 0 00 05-45

Video 64 0 00 09-49

Video 63 0 00 02-14

Video 62 0 00 02-24

Video 63 0 00 35-46

1 comment:

Julie said...

They have cute vinyl wall decorations at target, or if you want you could come cut some on my cricut :) The vinyl at Roberts is inexpensive and they make cute additions to any room and no nail holes :)