We were down at BYU last week for a Civil Engineering Alumni dinner and I just had to get Jackson a BYU hoodie. It was outrageously expensive, but I couldn’t help myself. He’s so snuggly and just darn cute in it. And! We (the BYU football team) finally stopped our losing streak Saturday at homecoming, so Jackson can wear it proudly.
Colin had to work all night last night. He hasn’t had to do that for a while. The project is on a heavily used road (10600 south) so the only time they would let them shut down the road to do their work was on a weekend, and to get done before Monday at 5:00 AM, they had to work nonstop. He called and said they had gotten a lot done today so he would be home earlier tonight. Yay! I didn’t want to be stuck alone, in the house with Jackson this evening, so we went for a walk.
The most amazing thing happened on our walk! Jackson started posing for pictures. I don’t think he will be such a photography sweetheart in the future, but it was fun to get lots of good pictures of him looking and smiling at the camera.
Utah sure has grown on me. I love my Idaho dearly, but I am happy here too.
The trade off for not having the terrible long icy windy Idaho winters is having hundreds of thousands of people as your neighbors.
Christmas 2008 at my mom’s house in Idaho Falls
The trade off for not living close to Yellowstone, Tetons, and the Sawtooths, is that you get to live by Arches, Zions, and Bryce Canyon.
My sister Mandy, brother John and I on hike to Hell Roaring Lake, Sawtooths, 2004. Can you spot the finger of fate?
I feel like I am rambling. Maybe it is time to go to bed.
1 comment:
I'll come over and hug Jackson in his hoodie right now!
Post a Comment