Jackson LOVES cooking with me. It sure makes baking more interesting and entertaining. I tried a new sugar cookie recipe out. The ideal sugar cookie is very soft and stays soft. No crunchy cookies. This recipe is pretty good. The dough is nice and easy to work with. The cookies are soft thanks to sour cream.
| Ingredients | Amount | Method |
| Flour Baking Powder Baking Soda Salt Ground Nutmeg | 4 cups 1 tsp. 1/2 tsp. 1/2 tsp. 1/4 tsp. | Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; set aside. |
| Butter (softened) Sugar (white) Egg Vanilla extract Sour Cream | 1 cup 1-1/2 cup 1 each 1 tsp. 1/2 cup | In large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg, vanilla, and sour cream until well blended. Stir in sifted ingredients. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill over night. |
| Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place cookies 1-1/2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. | ||
| Bake for 8 – 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. |
Notes: Watch out for using too much nutmeg. I used 1/2 as much as the recipe called for and it was still too much for my taste.
After the first batch had cooled, I put them on the table so we could decorate them. I told Jackson to wait because he was reaching for them. I turned around to get frosting and when I turned back this is what I saw:
I love when Jackson tries to be sneaky and thinks he can trick me. “Mom won’t notice I took a bite if I put it back in the pile…”
The final product:
2 comments:
So cute. Not sure if I'd eat the cookies, though.
Those look delicious! That is so funny that he took a bite and set it back on the pile! What a funny little guy.
Post a Comment