Friday, October 29, 2010

Best Little Cousin Buddies

Colin went to work in the Burley area for several days this week. They are putting in a lot of wind farms in the area and the Boise office needed some help with the drilling. Terracon has also been involved in all the zillions of new windmills in Idaho Falls, by the way. Mandy happened to be going up to Rexburg for work so we hitched a ride. While in Idaho Falls, I got to visit a handful of old friends and see some babies. The trip was mostly Jackson and cousin Celeste playing together. This post has a lot pictures of the two of them.  I admit I did a poor job on this post of being selective of pictures. It’s hard because pictures with two toddlers are just too cute.

 DSC_0140

DSC_0132  

Celeste is very dramatic, which is probably normal for little girls. I wouldn’t know. Jackson is all boy (hold that thought for later in the post). I keep thinking about how different it would be to have a little girl. 

 

DSC_0187

♫ “And when you blow the candles out…” ♫

DSC_0202

On a very cold day, we went to All Access playground, which has to be one of the coolest parks ever. It’s made so kids with disabilities can play too.

DSC_0204

DSC_0230

Making music. Aunt Bethany is the BEST!

DSC_0269     DSC_0253

DSC_0262 

DSC_0408

Grammy G has girl toys at her house. Jackson showed he has a sensitive side when he wanted to take this baby (mermaid doll) for a walk.

 

We went swimming and bowling with the kids. My mom beat me to the blogging punch, so you can see pictures HERE.

As I was looking through the pictures on my SD card, I found a picture of us bowling she didn’t put on, probably because it had an unflattering bum shot, which you seem to get a lot of when taking pictures during bowling. Anyway, I was really surprised to see who was bowling next to us.  I laugh because I really hadn’t noticed the guy while we were there. Oblivious much? That I am making a big deal about it probably shows how much of a bubble I live in in Utah County, because we just don’t see exciting people like this around here.

DSC_0455 copy

 

Bethany took Jackson for a while and they went to some trick or treating thing at the library. Luckily, she had an extra duck costume for Jackson to wear. I was surprised to see how much he liked wearing it. If he won’t let me get him dressed up as a cowboy, he may be a duck for a Halloween.

DSC_0490

DSC_0519 

A duck eating a chicken nugget.

Thank you Idaho Falls people for the nice visit and Mandy for the ride.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Oh I very much noticed the interesting guy bowling next to us.