Friday, October 15, 2010

Bun in the Oven

In case any of you didn’t/couldn’t watch the little movie on the last post, we are going to have a baby! My “real” due date is June 18th, but that’s the day before Father’s day, so it’s just easier to remember Father’s Day. It’s a good chance baby will come earlier than that either way.

I am VERY excited. I had all intentions of waiting until after my 12 week doctor’s appointment to announce it on the blog, but I am me and could only wait a few days. The probability of having two consecutive miscarriages is 2.5%. Besides, I can already tell there is a big difference from this pregnancy to the last one. I have symptoms!!! Looking back at my last pregnancy, I don’t remember any symptoms. If I hadn’t seen the baby on the ultrasound, I wouldn’t have thought I was pregnant.

The first symptom I noticed with this pregnancy was that I kept doing really spacey/forgetful things (putting ice cream away in the fridge not the freezer). When we got the positive test result, I exclaimed to Jackson “You are going to be a big brother or sister!” You get the picture. A woman’s IQ drops during pregnancy (seriously).

 

I have been a little nauseated. No throwing up, but there are lots of foods that make me want to throw up. The lovely pumpkin cheese cake I made, makes so sick to think about now, I can’t believe I am bringing it up. I made Colin take care of the left-overs because it was so sickening to see it every time I opened the fridge. Come about 5:30 in the evening, I need a nap so bad, even if I’ve taken a nap at 12:00. I want you to know that this is not complaining. I am so happy to be pregnant and so happy to have pregnancy symptoms.

I was trying to teach Jackson that there was a baby in my tummy. At first he kept saying “no” correcting me. I showed him some pictures of pregnant woman with big bellies and tried to explain the baby was little and would get bigger and bigger. He was really excited about that. He kept lifting up my shirt, slapping my tummy, and saying “baby!”. He did give the baby a few kisses.

 

DSC_0150

1 comment:

The Stewart said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is awesome!!