Saturday, April 17, 2010

Water Falls to Haircuts

DSC_0045 

DSC_0035

We went for a nice long walk in Provo Canyon today. Jackson absolutely loves throwing rocks into water. It was hard to pull him away from Bridal Veil Falls.

 

 

Jackson loves the Turbo Tax box. He sat and studied it for 10 minutes one day. No kidding. He doesn’t sit still that long to look at kid books. Is he destined to be a CPA? It’s more likely he is just destined to pay a lot higher taxes than we do now. Sorry kid.

DSC_0001

 

I forgot to mention something about Jackson’s first time in nursery here. For snack time, they give each of the kids a little paper coffee filter to put their snack in. I imagine it is because it is a cheap easy-to-clean-up solution. Jackson didn’t really go for the whole coffee filter thing. He went to the play kitchen and found a little toy plate and toy fork and brought it back to the table to eat off of. Grammy says Jackson was showing that he has the engineer problem solving skills of his Dad, and Grandpa Cummins I might add. Jackson did great his second time in nursery. He didn’t care that we left. I missed him during Sunday School and Relief Society, but I sure got a lot more out of the lessons than I have in a long time. I even was able to doodle during the lesson! I love doodling, by the way. I wasted the first two years of college doodling during lectures.

 

 

Lightning-McQueen-disney-pixar-cars-772510_1700_1100We have to get some more kid movies. I have watched the movie Cars so many times in the past month, I am pretty sure I can quote the entire thing.  Jackson adores Lightning McQueen.

When Jackson wants to take a break from Cars, he watches our other Kid kung_fu_panda_movie_imagemovie, Kung Fu Panda. The problem is that he only likes the panda bear, Po, and he gets impatient and whines anytime Po isn’t on screen.  If you are wondering, Jackson doesn’t watch TV all day. He gets to watch some in the morning while I get the house cleaned up and then we are usually playing together the rest of the day. He is rather persistent at asking to watch Cars though. He has even figured out which button to press to open the DVD player.

 

I guess I should mention how the pregnancy is going, but there is not much to update. I still haven’t seen my doctor yet; I will see him at 12 weeks, which is during the last week of April. I have a goal not to gain as much weight this pregnancy so I have been working hard on exercising everyday and not given in to the desire to eat junk all the time. I am still jogging and I hope that I can keep it up for most of the pregnancy. I can see my belly growing. For now, it just looks like I am gaining weight and not that I am pregnant. No more nausea, just real tired and pretty scatter brained. I put the gallon of milk away in the pantry with my cereal the other day.

 

This morning, I got a hair cut for the first time in a long time. (Val, you inspired me!) She took off a good 6 inches. I literally can’t remember the last time I had someone cut my hair. I remember why. In this instance, I like that’s it’s something new and there’s a lot less hair to worry about, but I never can get the hair people to do what I ask for. My best haircut I have ever had was from a Latina. She took a long time making sure that what she was doing looked good. I now have a stereotype in my mind that Latinas are the best hair dressers and secretly hope that there is a Latina anytime I get my hair cut. I think it is because they usually have thick hair and I have thick hair so we have some kind of common ground to work from. No Latinas this time. I guess I will continue to pull my hair back.

 

Picture 43

2 comments:

The Stewart said...

SO cute!! Jacob is obsessed with cars also. I'm pretty sure I can quote 99% of that movie. And I love your hair. Isn't it nice to not worry about that long hair! I love it!

The Halls said...

What a handsome little guy. That is cool that he loves the outdoors.
I am glad that your pregnancy is going well!!! I can't believe how forgetful it makes woman. I feel like I am losing my mind sometimes.
I love your hair, it is super cute and fun!