Sunday, April 25, 2010

Something New

I’ve decided I want to run a half marathon. We have to wait a little while before trying for a baby again and I thought I would get the most out of that time by training and running a big race. I think it will also be good for me emotionally/psychologically to have a concrete goal to work on everyday and something to look forward to. I also hope to lose some of these extra pounds that crept on after I got married and had a baby.

I ran a half marathon in 2004 and 2006, and a full one in 2007, so it’s been a while for me since I’ve done any long runs. The longest I’ve done since then is probably 5 miles. I have some pain to work through getting back in shape, but I found a good training schedule to make sure I will be ready by July 10th. The race is a brand new one in Springville.

image

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I put it on my calendar. I can tend Jackson.

Bethany said...

Go, go, go Katrina!

Genny said...

what a great goal ;)

The Halls said...

Good for you! I really admire you for running. Good luck getting ready!!!!