Saturday, September 8, 2012

What?! Weekly update?

I know it’s been a very, very long time since I’ve done one, but my life has suddenly become much simpler. Time to get back into the habit of chronicling our lives.

1) Labor day trip – I think I will do a post of this on it’s own, but I will say, I am VERY interested in moving to the four corners area. I have a “deep-seeded” need for exploring and discovering new places. I feel like I could spend decades exploring the area and never run out of new places to find.

DSC_0141 DSC_0187 

 

2) Rain! And cooler weather! Fall is such a confusing time for me. I LOVE Autumn; it’s the best season for hiking and recreating. But, I HATE winter, and fall means winter is coming. I will drop a tear or two for the loss of summer and try to hold my chin up high and enjoy fall.

DSC_0199 DSC_0201

DSC_0214 DSC_0224

3) There’s this new musical; it’s called “Annie get your pants!”

A friend of mine in the ward is also named Annie. They were getting rid of extra toys, so she brought Annie this puzzle. It was hers when she was a little girl. I haven’t gotten a chance to ask her more of the history, but it looks handmade and hand painted. I just know Annie too will cherish it when she gets older.

DSC_0243

 

 

4) Provo canyon river trail – Colin and I are still doing pretty good on our weight loss program. If we’ve met our weight-loss goal for the week at our weigh-in on Saturday, we get a “free day” where we don’t have to pay attention to what we are eating, so I’m currently drinking a delicious Sonic blue coconut cream slush compliments of Colin. I started playing Stake Volleyball this week. Today we biked on the Provo River Trail, a certain child was very grumpy and screamed in terror anytime we went down a hill—like we’ve never biked before. HE shall go unnamed. HE went to bed at 6:00 today because he hasn’t eaten or slept for the past few days.

 DSC_0233 DSC_0241

DSC_0236

 

5) Today I threw a baby shower for a friend. It will be her 4th girl and I was trying to help her get excited about having another one. The shower went great and I realized that I do enjoy putting on parties. I did feel terribly incompetent when it comes to crafty, cutsie stuff. It probably has something to do with watching Studio 5 on KSL (you locals moms probably know what I’m talking about) where they show very extravagant decorations for parties and holidays.  I’m not like all you ladies with CriKut, or is it CreeKit, Kricut? You know what I mean. I did feel clever saving money on paper for a chain by just using paper I already had and painting it with some water color paint I have. Total cost: $0. I had fun with it and I think I might do some Christmas decorations this way with the kid’s help. The other picture is of dollar store bottles filled with that shredded  cellophane stuff.

 

DSC_0228  DSC_0230

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love decorating on the cheap-side! Today we made wax paper crayon leaves to hang in our window for $0. Also, your watercolor paper chain looks really cute. I might have to dig out my watercolors if I still have them.