Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Colors and a Moose (Weekly Review 9/9 – 9/16)

Instead of spending lots of time posting pictures from our Labor day weekend Grammy-goose-60th-birthday-extravaganza Colorado trip, here’s a link to my mom’s blog. It was a very memorable trip—I still want to move there.

Colin spent the beginning of the week working in Rock Springs, Wyoming. He was drilling holes for a new development connected to the Western Wyoming Community College.

image

Not wanting to be alone, I enlisted my sister to a tailgate party and fall color expedition. We ate chili and donuts. It was lovely. We didn’t want to leave. Then the thunderstorm came and we had to.

 

 

DSC_0786

Last week, both kids got the flu vaccine and Annie got the MMR vaccine. So this week we were dealing with fever side effect of the vaccines. Both kids got a very low grade fever within the same hour, which I’m guess was the flu vaccine. Annie’s then turned into a higher fever which would be the MMR vaccine. I don’t remember the kids having reactions to vaccines before.

Saturday, we had great plans to hike up to silver lake. When we got to the trail head, the trail was closed so we improvised and walked along the road. The mountains and fall colors were stunning.

 

 

 

“Mommy, look! I’m on the Jeep! Take my picture.”

DSC_0972DSC_0941  

DSC_0965 DSC_0950

 

Sunday, we went for a drive to take family pictures for Christmas cards and such. I’ll let those pictures be a surprise, but here a couple for  sneak peak. 

DSC_0987 

DSC_1015

In order to get Jackson to do a natural smile, I make him do different faces in the hopes that he will think it’s funny and break into his real smile.

On the way walking back to our car, we ran into a bunch of people standing around. They were looking at a moose mama and her baby.

 DSC_1054

 DSC_1061

Mama in top picture and in the brush in second. Baby moose in bottom picture.

 

 

DSC_1079

I never expected that Annie and Jackson, with their age difference, would be such good buddies. Jackson has become such a good big brother and loves playing with Annie.

No comments: