Started the week out cooking a big pot of anasazi beans that my mom got us when we were in Colorado. It was so delicious—I must do beans more often. I used a turkey sausage and I please to see that the flavor and taste was great so it was a very low fat, high fiber meal. As delicious as the beans were, they weren’t much to look at so no final product picture.
Annie wanted to wear a pair of Jackson’s new underwear too. I wasn’t going to stop her.
Jackson had a sleepover at his cousins house so on Friday we went to drop him off. We went hiking to a magical secret spot that I love on the Nebo loop. It’s a special place to me, sort of a place of healing. It’s where we went the day after I had my miscarriage. There is a grove of ponderosa pine trees that remind me of home (New Mexico) so much – the smell of the sun hitting the pine needles on the ground and the sound of the wind blowing through the branches. My camera battery died so I only got one “real” picture—the rest I got on my cell phone. They didn’t turn out great so you only get just a few pictures.
With Jackson gone, C and I went for a hike up dry creek canyon Saturday. Again, dead camera battery so here are two cell phone pictures. Annie dropped one of her dolls at the end of where we hiked to, so her best daddy in the world, hiked back up and found it and ran down to catch up with us. Glad we noticed it was missing before we got too far down the trail. We nearly got hit by a biker with a “Go Pro” camera on his helmet coming down the mountain. Now, I’m sure there will be a you tube video somewhere of that trail and then us, startled and looking dumb trying to get out of his way.
Aunt Mandy, the architect, spent the day here so we wouldn’t be as lonely with Colin out of town. Do you know what this is? I’ll give you a hint, that little doll is an angel.
Took 4 year pictures of Jackson. He’s the man!
This is where Colin is this week:
If you ever pray for our family, pray that Colin will be able to finish his work early so he can be back in time for Jackson’s big birthday party on Saturday and that he can make it home safely—it’s about a 7 hour drive from home.
No comments:
Post a Comment