In another life, it would be fun to be a teacher. Joy school was at my house this week and I enjoyed coming up with little lesson plans for the kids in the couple of hours before school started with whatever books we have from the library.

Monday, I read “The Rainbow Fish” to the kids, which is a book about sharing. They really liked the book. Then the kids painted paper plates with water colors and I cut and pasted to finish the fish. This picture is before they put sparkly stickers on their fish to be the sparkly scales. They, of course, had gold fish crackers for snack.

Today, we read “Carrot soup” where the rabbit plants carrots, so I had the kids take turns putting potting soil into the container, patting it down, then putting seeds in. It will be interesting to see if they actually sprout because the kids did it by themselves. Also because Jackson ended up falling and sitting right in the container squishing things. The kids had carrots with their snack.
Yesterday, I had a mom ask if Jackson was going to do preschool in the fall. I was caught off guard. I felt sheepish and said that I didn’t think he is emotionally ready for it yet. That’s probably not true. I’m sure he’d enjoy it immensely. His September birthday means he’s got 2 years until school starts. I might consider sending him to a preschool if I had some big big big reassurances that it would be a good program. I can’t believe Jackson is old enough that I have to think about his schooling.
1 comment:
Lauren did 2 years of Joy School and one at regular preschool. That worked really well for her with the same late birthday issue. I do suggest finding a really good preschool like Learning Dynamics the year before Kindergarden. It's more expensive but having a good preschool has made a huge difference. The 2 of my kids who didn't go to as good of a preschool are the ones who struggled early on.
Post a Comment