Thursday, March 24, 2011

Parenthood

DSC_0620

 

You know how I have been expressing my great anxiety about having a girl? Well, I believe I have resolved it. After talking about it on here, and with basically every mom I ever talk to, I think I am at peace. It really had nothing to do with having a girl or boy, but everything about the unknowns of having a second child.

I am happy to say that I really excited about having another baby now! I am even excited to have a girl. (I bough girly baby head bands yesterday.)That’s not to say I am anxiety free—now I spend my time thinking about labor and delivery. I feel like we are getting closer to being ready for baby girl. From that original post I did: a dresser, a new crib mattress, girl crib bedding, new Boppy, blankets, receiving blankets, burp rags, bows and hairclips, some dresses for church, onsies, sling for a little baby, carseat cover/canopy thing, diapers, baby bath. Things I need to do to get ready in the next three months: read up on pain management techniques for labor, spring cleaning, decorate the girl nursery, make freezer meals, buy paper plates and bowls, hospital bag, Jackson-go-bag, plan with family about who can watch Jackson. Please, let me know if you see something I am forgetting.    

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray third trimester!!!
You're closer and closer to being done with pregnancy!
Although I cannot vouch for what it's like to have 2 children, I know you're going to be wonderful at it, no doubt.

Purcellville said...

Hey I didn't realize how close we are in pregnancies! We have made it I don't know about you but I am SOOOOO glad! Kind of tired being pregnant but I love every second!

Meli said...

i will give you the dresses!!! when i go in june