Monday, March 7, 2011

Littlefoot Sighting

DSC_0201 bigfoot

You are looking at the most compelling evidence that the mythical creature actually exists. Cryptozoologists have confirmed the photo as being authentic. The creature is known to eat large amounts of food; his favorites being peanut butter sandwiches, cookies, and yogurt.

Jackson called his nursery leader “honey” on Sunday. Do you think I should be jealous?

Sunday, I got a small answer to my fast. I have been having lots of anxiety about this baby coming. I never had any anxiety with Jackson and I attribute that to the fact that I was clueless as to what I was getting myself into, having never been around a baby before. With this baby, I worry, worry, worry. I worried a lot about losing the baby or if she would be healthy, but after my 20 week ultrasound, I could stop worrying about that. Now I worry about if I will be able to handle two kids. I worry if Jackson is going to fall behind or feel left out if I am preoccupied with a baby. I worry about her personality-will she be overly needy, sensitive, colicky, a poor sleeper, or a picky eater? I worry about gas prices going up, and that they raised the state sales tax on food and how that will affect my beautifully orchestrated budget. I worry about more expenses coming up (like broken washing machines and car repairs) that I can’t predict and how that will affect my budget. Will we be able to afford another kid like I think we can? I worry about having a girl and if everything I learned with Jackson won’t be applicable to a little girl. I worry that she won’t like the name we pick out for her. I worry that I am going to raise her to be too boyish or that she will be way too girly. I worry that I won’t like having a little girl. I worry if she will like me. 

 

Obviously, worries are usually not rational, but that doesn’t mean they don’t happen or can’t affect you. So, I was fasting in general that we could get this baby here and that everything would be okay. (By the way, when I say fast, I mean a pregnant lady modified fast.) My answer came during Sunday school when I asked if I could hold my friend’s baby. She is 2.5 months old. I held her for most of Sunday school. The entire time she cooed and smiled at Colin and I. She was so incredibly and wonderfully sweet. A very calming and reassuring feeling came over me that it is going to be okay. I am going to love my little girl. It’s going to be a challenge, but I can handle it.

image

Mary Cassatt, Sleepy Baby

2 comments:

Genny said...

I'm sorry that you are going through this! I did the same thing, but it was when I was engaged. Poor Dan went through the ringer with all of my "what if's" about marriage. There is no way you will have that list all in one baby :) Also, God will not give you a baby that you won't be able to handle. You'll be fine! My mom had all very different children, and we somehow all love eachother, most of the time ;)

KB said...

So sweet n inspiring, tnx for sharing. BTW may I inquire as to how u do ur preg-modified fast. its a marvelous idea...do u give up certain fds n drinks for 2 meals?