Friday, Jackson and I went to the Carl Bloch exhibit at the Museum of Art at BYU with my sisters and Jackson’s cousin Celeste. The kids lasted a couple of minutes before they were too unruly and Bethany was sweet enough to take them outside. The exhibit was amazing. I felt the Spirit the moment I walked in. The images of the Savior are beautiful, profound, touching, inspiring, etc. The exhibit ends May 7th, so if you are in the area, don’t miss the opportunity to see something special. You have to get tickets (free admission) so check out the website.
“Christ and the Young Child”
This was my favorite painting there, partly because how crisp and clean the painting is and perhaps because the little boy looks about Jackson’s age and looks a little like Jackson.
“The Daughter of Jairus”
This was my other favorite, maybe because I hadn’t ever seen it before. The picture here doesn’t do it justice because the actual painting is giant and you can see much more detail like the tears in the mother’s eyes, how lifeless the girl looks, and Jairus (I presume) kneeling at the Savior’s feet in despair. It such a sad situation but you can’t help but rejoice and feel relieved because the Savior has arrived and He will make the girl whole again.
We took the kids up to the Bean Life Science Museum afterward, which is almost better than a zoo because all of the taxidermy animals are stationary so you are sure to see them.
Our washing machine died. We don’t know how old it was, so I can’t say for sure “it was his time to go”. Thank you to my mom who donated her old washer and dryer to us when we got married. Yesterday, we got a “new” one from the Sears Outlet store so it was 40% off the usual price because of some scuffs on it. There is also a $50 rebate from the gas company for buying an energy star appliance. The only connection between an electric washing machine and the gas company is that the water is heated by a gas water heater. I didn’t want to have a dead washer sitting in our yard for very long or else we would start looking white trash so we took it to a metal recycling place this morning and got $15 for it.
Today it got up to 50 degrees so we went for a little walk by Dry Canyon.
Western Scrub Jay
It was hard to keep up with Jackson. I’m pretty out of shape. Being pregnant doesn’t help either. It was a little humbling.
A bug! You can’t see it because it is a tiny (really tiny) bright red mite. We have missed looking at bugs and other exploring terribly. I’m so excited for spring to come. You could smell it in the air. I feel so much happier than I did a few weeks ago. It’s longest possible time before we have to do winter again. Yay!
1 comment:
What a cute baseball cap family.
Post a Comment