After a two day journey, we are finally in Walla Walla. My goal was to get the hard, yucky part done in one day, so we could enjoy the second day. The hard yucky part being Utah and Idaho which is 6 of the 10 hours. We stopped and took a long break in Twin Falls to go to a park and get dinner. We went to a really cool park down in the gorge by the river, but unfortunately some people weren’t dressed warm enough for cold Twin Falls so we didn’t stay long. By some people I mean the adults in our family. I guess the adults were thinking this trip was some sort of tropical spring break and that we wouldn’t need winter clothing. Even though I consider the first part of the drive the yucky part, it was really quite a pretty day.
Jackson handled the trip okay. That long of a drive is hard on anyone. I spent a lot of time in the backseat entertaining him. The picture at the top is when he insisted that he had a poopie diaper, so we pulled off the interstate, and discovered he had lied about the poopie diaper in an attempt to get out of his car seat. No more than 5 minutes away from the hotel I had picked out in Nampa, Jackson says “tummy hurts” and then he threw up. A lot. I couldn’t help seeing how comical it was to be dealing with that at the end of a long day. We stayed at a nice hotel and got to watch the last half of BYU/UNM game. We brought Jackson’s tent for him to sleep in on the trip, but he somehow he ended up in bed with us. That was okay because it was giant wonderful king size bed. I don’t think I even got kicked in the night. Why don’t we own one of those?
Don’t worry, he didn’t finish any of these 4 suckers. He just wanted to try them all.
Saturday was a lovely day. Jackson woke up bright and early at 6:00, so we got on the road early. For breakfast, we went to the best train themed restaurant ever in Baker City. Jackson was in heaven. There was a “G gauge” model train that went around the restaurant and passed right by our table every five minutes or so. If you ever find yourself in Baker City, Oregon, with a train loving toddler, it’s called Sumpter Junction.
Walla Walla is already green! So, it may turn out to be a spring break for us after all. I’m sure there will be more pictures to come now we are actually here.
3 comments:
Love the sucker photo. Hope you are having fun.
Diane says they have been to the train restaurant several times and even took Grandma D.
You should take him to the Dairy Keen in Heber (I am pretty sure that is what it is called) They have a model train that goes around the ceiling of the restaurant and they have a table of trains for the kids to play with. Blake loved it there - we went there before going on a ride on the Heber Creeper :)
Post a Comment