Thursday, February 24, 2011

Feel Like Blogging

I don’t have anything particularly interesting, entertaining, or important to say. I just felt like blogging. I’m sure I will come up with something to say. I’m sure most of it will be about Jackson and the baby.

 

DSC_0046

 

Jackson knows his alphabet pretty good. Colin said he got 25/26 right the other night. He gets a little tripped on letters that look the same E/F, or sound the same G/J. Now we need to work on him saying them in order. We also need to work on counting skills and recognizing numbers.

 

Jackson has been having a hard time at church lately. It’s mostly because I have been playing the organ and poor Colin has to deal with him alone. What was supposed to be a month of playing the organ turned into two and was about to be three months but I said “no”. So Sunday is my last day. I’m glad. I like that I can serve, but I still feel pretty insecure in my abilities. It didn’t help that the organ needs to be worked on because the volume would change on its own mid-song. So here I am trying to turn it back up so people can hear and then a minute later it corrects itself and then I am playing too loud. Stressful.

So anyway, Jackson figured out that if he yelled “poopie!” and then grunted like he was going poopie, he would get taken out of sacrament meeting. So, of course, this is his new trick to get out of sacrament meeting. Last Sunday after I came off the stand I went and got Colin and brought them into the chapel. Jackson of course started yelling poopie and grunting, but I wasn’t going to let him get away with it. He started screaming and it took all of my mom-skills to distract him enough to stop. So we successfully made it through the rest of sacrament meeting. I should add that Jackson has been pretty good at church for a while now so it’s frustrating to have him acting up so much. I guess as mortifying as it is for him to be yelling poopie at church, it is pretty funny and we will have something to tease him about someday.

DSC_0003

 

I’ve been working on baby things a little. I inherited a tub of little girl clothes from my sisters and that has given us a good start. I need to work on the nursery and decorating it. It’s nice not to have already a few of the things for the baby like a car seat and stroller. I realize there is a lot we do need to get: a dresser, a new crib mattress, girl crib bedding, new Boppy, blankets, receiving blankets, burp rags, bows and hairclips, girl accessories, some dresses for church, onsies, sling for a little baby, carseat cover/canopy thing, diapers, diapers, diapers, and more diapers.

I also need to get some sort of baby bath thing. We never figured out a good bath system for Jackson. We had some little foam pad thing that laid flat in the tub. It didn’t work well. I was wondering if you had suggestions for what you liked to use. It would be nice to give baths using both hands and not with one hand holding baby up and other hand doing all the work. So, let me know if there is a system that worked really well for you.

image image image

 

I’m so excited that it is the end of February. Spring is coming people! I don’t know how much I will feel like gardening in a few months or feel like taking care of a garden this summer, but I have been thinking about it a lot. Last summer I learned what flowers do well in my partly shady but hot back patio and front porch. Pansies died the first time it got into the upper 80’s so they are out. Merrigolds, petunias, snapdragons seemed to do well despite my forgetting to water them regularly. I want to try some honeysuckle (maybe it will help with our stinky neighbors) or clematis in our back patio. I dream of having a pretty patio garden with hanging plants, flowering vines, and lots of containers with flowers and vegetables. Well see how close I get.

imageimage image  

image image

Just putting pictures of flowers on my blog is making me feel happier. I even had a hotdog for lunch because it reminds me of summer. Sigh.

1 comment:

Samantha R said...

We have had pretty good luck with this (http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Space-Saver-Fold/dp/B000A32PNW/ref=sr_1_56?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1298599217&sr=1-56) tub. I like that it folds up so we can store it under the sink. I have been able to bathe our babies in it using two hands for the most part- every so often I just have to adjust how Nicole is sitting (she isn't really wiggly in the bath though). We used it for Blake and now we are using it for Nicole.