While we were at the Shops at the Riverwoods, we ran into the big man himself. To my amazement, Jackson was not afraid of Santa. He even gave him a high five and a fist bump. Go figure. We recently watched “Elf”. The part of the movie where he’s antagonizing the fake Santa in the shopping store and says “You smell like beef and cheese, you don’t smell like Santa.” makes me laugh because I watched the Santa walk up today before his shift. He was wearing a biker outfit (leather Jacket and boots). His long white hair, beard, and Santa chubbiness are real. Maybe it was the real Santa.
Here’s a picture of me with my first encounter with Santa. I’m not such a happy kid.
I’m excited for Christmas. We are going Christmas tree hunting tomorrow. I have already taken a good chunk out of my Christmas shopping list. That is only if more of the things I ordered online don’t become back-ordered. As we become busy with holiday preparations, let us not forget the real reason for this season: to celebrate the birth of Santa!
I hope to get all my shopping, shipping, and decorating done early so I can focus on more important things and celebrating the birth and life of the Savior.
Watch out Christmas! Here I come!
If it’s not obvious, I’m dressed like an Angel (my favorite as a kid) for the nativity.
No comments:
Post a Comment