Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Cleaning made fun with time lapse photography

Today I felt super lazy, unmotivated to do anything. It’s after 3:00 and Jackson is still in his P.J.’s. Being lazy isn’t so bad, but the problem was that the house was a mess and I hate when Colin comes home from a hard day of work and my work isn’t done. So, I desperately needed motivation. I am famous (around the house) for coming up with elaborate games to try and motivate myself to clean. Today, as I was thinking about how messy everything had gotten, I thought it would be fun to do before and after pictures. Then, the even better thought was to do a time lapse photography of me cleaning. Don’t worry, it is sped up pretty fast so it’s not awkward or boring. This is the living room:

 

 

And the kitchen. The camera stopped filming sometime in the middle of cleaning so I put a picture of the finished product so we could all feel resolved.

 

 

A much more fun video would be of Jackson making the mess.

2 comments:

Jo said...

That's such a cool idea! I'm going to have to copy this...

The Stewart said...

That is awesome!!! You just motivated me to clean my house!!