In this month of gratitude, I’m grateful for competent healthcare professionals. I am so grateful to live in the US where there really is the highest quality of care and that we can get into see a doctor right away. I’ve been so impressed with the healthcare in Utah. I am grateful for all competent people in the healthcare system from the doctors down to the phlebotomists.
That being said, I had a not so competent phlebotomist yesterday. My skin is so fair, you could use me to do an anatomy lesson because you can see my veins so easily. I am always getting compliments from phlebotomist for my nice veins. Because of this, I have always had good experiences giving blood. It’s never hurt before. Yesterday, she missed the vein, and instead of retrying, she pushed down on my skin to sort of move the vein into the needle. Yeah, it hurt all day yesterday, and today I’m bruised. This makes me more grateful for the outstanding healthcare that I usually see.
(I was giving blood for my OB blood panel.)
No comments:
Post a Comment