I really do try to have Jackson eat nutritious foods, but I’m no food nut. It’s fun to give kids fun food and treats. But every once in a while, I have to laugh at what I have given him to eat, especially with my nutrition background. Such was the case this morning. He’s eating fruit loops in Yoplait Splitz yogurt (I got for free couponing) which happens to be very bright and colorful. The result looked like something I would have dreamed of eating when I was a kid.
I think I feel better about giving Jackson sugary foods because I can see his little internal appetite regulators are still intact. Adults tend to override/ignore those regulators because we were taught to clean our plate and not waste food (even if we are full) and because we tend to eat for reasons besides hunger (emotional eating, social eating, bored eating). I am always amazed when I give Jackson ice cream and he stops eating half way through the bowl because he’s full.
1 comment:
Looks yummy to me! Dessert for breakfast, yah!
Post a Comment