We went for a great rock hounding adventure today by Woodland which is close to Kamas in Summit County. We had to hike in (and up) 2 miles into the site. I don’t want to be braggy, but I ran 7 miles this morning plus a 4 mile hike (carrying Jackson for 1/2 of it) so I am pretty much awesome.
We saw a moose up on the hill. She tried to hide, but she was pretty big and hard to miss. Silly moose.
Someone left this bulldozer on the top of the mountain. I think it probably had something to do with the mining claim which was posted on this stick.
Here is Mandy looking for the red horn coral. We didn’t look very long because it was a little cold and windy so Colin and Jackson headed back down and left us to look. I think next time we will find a way to drive to the site instead of hiking in so we can have more time to look.
Here is what we did find:
3 comments:
Fossils don't get more beautiful than that!
What happened to Jackson's forehead?
Kudos to you!!! That is awesome that you ran and hiked. It sure is funny what can be found in random places... I wonder if it was somehow forgotten? Those fossils are beautiful!
Post a Comment