Friday, May 28, 2010

Amazing Niece

Yesterday, Jackson and I went to my niece Jordan’s graduation. I have to brag a little about her—she was the highest ranked student in her class and would have been Valedictorian if her school did that. Amazing!

 

Other things going on right now:

I haven’t killed any flowers yet.  I have been gradually expanding my garden by getting cheap pots at the DI and then getting flowers for them. I think these might live longer than past flowers because everyday I have to move them around the patio so they get enough sun and so I actually remember to water then.  Jackson loves my marigolds so there are currently no blooms. Sneaky boy. He hasn’t tried to pick any of the other flowers.

 

DSC_0656 

 

I noticed Jackson vocabulary hasn’t been increasing quite as fast. He does have two new words/noises besides 1,2,3 go:   “Be” for baby and he learned to make a good chicken noise “buck, buck, buck” from Toy Story Two. The first time I heard him say it, I was offering him some chicken for dinner.  There are a few words I would really like him to learn next: mama, milk, water, please.

 

Running is going great. It’s come back to me pretty fast. I am running a 5k tomorrow. There is a very slim chance I could get a medal. Let me explain. Some races have a 19-25 category,  in which case I would be running against fast skinny 19 year olds that just did track a year ago and haven’t ever had a baby. The race I am doing tomorrow has the category as 25-29, so I am running against women older than me. I looked at the records for the race last year, and I think I could have beat the 3rd place time. So, if there aren’t more fast women than last year  and I have  a good race, I could get a medal and that would make me very happy. 

No comments: