This is a I-feel-like-a-dumb-first-time mom post. Jackson’s top front teeth have been stained yellow for some time. I finally got around to getting him into the dentist about it. Turns out they are cavities. We have to take him to a hospital to have the dentist fix them, so they can put him under.
So how did Jackson get cavities? Candy, soda, and juice, right? Nope. Cosleeping—night after night of nursing throughout the night. Apparently it is the same as if I had let him go to sleep with a bottle in his mouth. For anyone reading this and considering cosleeping, I don’t recommend it for this and many other reasons. The cosleeping combined with how much Jackson fights when we brush his teeth is what did it.
By the way, I HATE going to the dentist. It always feel like judgment day. Actually, I think I will feel more at ease meeting the Savior than I do when I go to the dentist. Now I am responsible for a kids teeth, going to the dentist is even worse. Today I felt like I was handed a guilt trip and bad mom award. I liked it better when they used to just give me sticker and a new tooth brush.
To make me feel better I will post pictures of my current project of gardening. I bought some ugly cheap pots at the DI and spray painted them so all my pots are coordinated. Jackson absolutely loved helping me put dirt and potting soil in the pots. I think I am going to do a tomato plant in one and flowers in everything else. I want to try and make our back patio as nice as a fenced in cement area can be.
Also to make me feel better, here is a crazy picture of a tornado in Iowa. I guess I didn’t have as bad of a day as these people probably did.
3 comments:
oh wow. I didn't realize that would happen like that. thanks for the warning.
Poor Jackson. :( Hope everything goes well.
Don't feel bad, all my kids have had cavities when they were young, all you can do is do your best and hope they have strong teeth. Are they putting caps on them? Dallin had the caps that were white in the front and silver on back on his front top 4 teeth. When is he getting it done?
Post a Comment