Sunday, January 17, 2010

Saturday Drive

Yesterday we went for a drive around Utah Lake to look for Bald Eagles; they like to winter in Utah. We found a new place—Goshen Canyon. Just like Goshen, it was cute and little.

DSC_0011 The one eagle we found.  We saw no less than 50 hawks on the drive too.

 

DSC_0017

Provo Peak (11,068 ft) You can see our lovely inversion. We’ve had mostly “red air” days this month.

 

DSC_0027

Goshen Deer (mama and yearling)

 

DSC_0030

Mount Nebo from Goshen Canyon

 

DSC_0036

Mount Nebo (11,928 ft) in all its glory

 

This has been a rough past couple of  weeks for us. I got sick with some sort of monster cold/flu two weeks ago that I am still getting over and of course I had to share with Jackson so he has been sick all this last week. I hope Colin has so sort of super immunity so he doesn’t get it too. Its a good sign he hasn’t gotten it yet. 

Colin went and worked in Randolph, Utah for a couple of days. He stayed the night in Evanston, Wyoming. He was drilling for natural gas exploration. Not really, that just sounds cool. He was actually drilling to test the soil to see if a natural gas rig could stand on the site. 

Jackson learned the world ball. He uses it correctly a lot, but he also likes to call everything else ball now too. He calls me “dad”.  I’d love for a birthday/mother’s day gift (the same day) if he would call me mom or mama.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Maybe you can be "Ball" instead of "Dad"!

The Halls said...

Those pictures are beautiful!! I am sorry that you have been sick. I was sick in October and it took a good couple of weeks to really recover. It is so funny the words that kids learn. Take care!!