Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekly roundup 11/7-11/13

My sister Amy who lives in Logan had her baby boy Monday morning. This was super convenient for us because Colin happened to be working in Logan Monday-Tuesday. I drove up with the kids and spent the day hanging out with Grammy Goose and Jackson’s cousin Autumn. I got to see a 6 hour old Calvin. We spent the night at a hotel that Colin had gotten for work.

DSC_0859

Sardine Pass – Safe or not so safe to take pictures while driving?

DSC_0861

DSC_0875

Big boy Calvin! 9lbs 4oz. Extremely handsome with lots and lots and lots of hair.

DSC_0882

DSC_0891

DSC_0907

Kids playing outside while Grammy and Annie watch from the warm inside.

DSC_0913

DSC_0901

DSC_0927

Wellsville mountains. Logan is such a pretty place.

 

DSC_0932

Colin had a really nice hotel for work. The nicest I’ve been in for a while. I was so impressed and excited to have a little mini vacation in a fancy hotel. Sigh. At 5:58 in the morning, the fire alarm went off. Not like the beeping of a smoke detector, but a jarringly loud. Annie started crying instantly. It took Jackson 30 seconds to finally wake up and start crying. It was hard to decide if it was really a fire or if the alarm was malfunctioning. It was on for 2 minutes or so and then went off only to come on and off for a little while after, each time causing Jackson to be cry in terror. We tried to go back to sleep, but alas, the kids were awake. It turns out there was poisonous gas detected in the pool room and the fire department came to check things out.

DSC_0941

After the hotel alarm went off, Colin went to work and we went for a drive. We didn’t really have anywhere to go because we didn’t want to wake people up at my Sister’s house. So we drove around Logan for a while. We ended up driving up green canyon for a while. I didn’t go very far because the thought of having to change a flat tire on a cold morning wasn’t very appealing.

 

DSC_0979

Joy school at my house this week. I have really enjoyed coming up with little lesson plans for school. Jackson is so smart. A little too smart. It’s hard to keep him quiet to give the other kids a chance to answer questions.

 

DSC_0985

My mom made this wonderfully cute hat for Annie.

DSC_0987

Colin cleaned out his car. So that’s where all my tupperware went.

DSC_0991

Annie does really good faces lately.

DSC_0997

 

DSC_1002

Yes, this is a picture of the gross dumpster outside my apartment. This picture is to commemorate the day Jackson threw away his own binkies. It was all clever Colin’s doing. It’s been on my to-do list, but I haven’t gotten around to do it. Colin decided it was time, bought marble works and told Jackson he would give the set to him if he would throw his binkies in the dumpster. So Jackson did and he’s gone to bed fine and slept okay without them. Good job Colin and Jackson. 

DSC_1005

Apache (picture by Colin)

DSC_1004

This is Colin wrapping the present for my Niece’s bridal shower. When I wrap presents, they look like a child did it. I’m so glad Colin is good at it and willing to do it. Colin is my hero!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I like all the pictures, but especially the one of me as a ghost torso holding Annie.

Samantha R said...

What a fun week! I love Logan! Congrats to your sister!