Friday, November 25, 2011

Let Christmas Begin

Colin took Wednesday off so we upheld our family tradition of cutting our own Christmas tree in the mountains. (Christmas tree permits are $10 in Utah.) We went on the Dairy Fork road off of Spanish Fork Canyon Highway 6. We didn’t see any other vehicles on the road which makes me happy because I felt like we really got away but also grateful for 4 wheel drive because we almost got stuck at the point where we decided the snow was too deep for Rocky and we needed to turn around. Jackson loves snow and throwing “snow man balls”. The tree we found is a beautiful subalpine fir. I should add that when you cut trees in the mountains, you rarely find one as perfect as one from a Christmas tree farm. My trees are always a little crooked, bare in one spot, etc.This one has no definitive “top”. I like the trees that way. I also like being able to see the tree—that means not covering it up with too many ornaments, ribbons, garland etc. This has been my favorite tree we’ve cut.

No comments: