Sunday, October 23, 2011

Weekly Roundup 10/16-10/23

 

DSC_0207

DSC_0233DSC_0200

DSC_0284

DSC_0286

DSC_0301

DSC_0314

DSC_0419

DSC_0258

DSC_0249

DSC_0250

image

DSC_0267 cropped

DSC_0262 cropped

 

 

1-2) Silly kids. I was teaching Jackson some basic elements of football. He now knows how to be the QB and says “2,1, he he hike!” and then I hike him the ball, run and he passes it to me.

3) My little buddy (all of the sudden) doesn’t look like a baby anymore.

4)”I’m helping!” The bowl, potatoes, potato peeler were out in preparation to make mashed potatoes. I heard Jackson say he was helping and came to see he had figured out how to peel the potatoes from watching me. A little scary. That’s a sharp peeler.

5)  Jackson loves sugar cereals. And being independent.

6-7) Annie Bananie in her crib and after trying sweet potatoes for the first time. She prefers them over bananas now.

8) My coolest pictures are always accidents.

9) I’m not a very crafty person, but I have lots and lots of baby food jars that fit a little tea candle just perfectly.

10-11) What Jackson would look like if he were a girl and what Annie will look like with hair someday. Hat tip to a famous picture of my Brother John and my Sister-in-Law Meli.

12) I got set apart today for my new calling. Drumroll: Ward Girls Camp Director AND Personal Progress helper person. I am very excited and very anxious about it. I thought about buying a house and moving to get out of it, but the story of Jonah and the big fish kept coming back in my mind. I asked to be released from my other two callings which helped ease my nerves a little bit. I’m going to start going to YW to get to know the girls better. Really, it is my dream calling. I can’t figure out what is making me so scared. Sort of feels like the anxiety I had about having a 2nd child. Girls camp is the beginning of August.

13) Annie loves being the benefactor of two older girl cousins and getting cute clothing from them. I like to take pictures of my kids in their Sunday clothing in the midst of the rush to get to church on time. Thanks for humoring me. That’s Jackson’s new fake/taking a picture smile. I don’t mind because he is actually looking at the camera and smiling.

14) Annie cut her first TWO teeth today. Glad both teeth came in so maybe she’ll start sleeping better. Already had big progress last night. She did her first 9 hour stretch of her life. I just need to figure out how to not wake up ever 2 hours or so I can get the benefit of her sleeping.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

You have so much fun EVERY week!

Anonymous said...

Camp Director! Yay! You'll do fantastic, and love it! You're a wise pick for it. I am surprised that they call you in so early. I've never done it, but it seems not much can be done for it until its about 6 months away. Let me know how this goes!