Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Annie’s first hike in the kelty

Today is the first day of the first contest on the wellness blog so I thought we better get out a do something. We went for a hike up battle creek canyon. Annie is finally big enough (probably not old enough) for the kelty back pack. It seemed like we were hiking forever, but when I looked at the trail on google maps, I found that we only went one mile, total. Oh well. At one point I was carrying both kids so that was 66 extra lbs (jackson  36, annie 15, pack 15) so I got a better workout.

DSC_0035

Before Annie fell asleep in the pack, I kept taking pictures of her to check on her so there are a lot of pictures that look like this. The pack did come with a mirror, but I don’t know where it is.

DSC_0040

Jackson found this big dead vine which he dragged a long way up the trail, dropped, found on the way back down and dragged a long way down the trail. There are endless possibilities for pretending with a big dead vine. That’s probably why it took forever to hike one mile. 

DSC_0047

Fall is my favorite time to hike: nice weather, dry trails, and fall colors.

DSC_0072

DSC_0076

DSC_0095

    DSC_0097

1 comment:

Samantha R said...

I love the fall colors!