Friday, September 24, 2010

When life gives you rain, make lemonade

DSC_0186 On Wednesday, Jacko and I tried to go for a hike. I swear the sky was clear all morning, but when we got to the trailhead parking lot, it began to pour giant icy rain drops. It stopped pretty quickly, so with wishful thinking, we started up the canyon. Then it started to lightning and thunder. I turned around and noticed a great big down pour coming our way. So, we ran down the canyon and got a little wet before we made it to the car.

DSC_0192

DSC_0200

Impending doom

 

Minutes after we made it to the car, the rain stopped, and the sun came out.

DSC_0208

 

Since I could see a recurring pattern, we didn’t stick around for the next downpour. I don’t like feeling defeated, so we headed to the park. For the mommies in the area, this is a really cool park. It’s the Children Discovery Park in Pleasant Grove (1550 N 100 E).

Jackson is a very friendly toddler and always makes friends with some kid or other at parks. This day there was a cute little boy that exact same age as him and they were very well matched. They played very well together which makes me very happy to see Jackson having successful social interactions.

 

DSC_0246

DSC_0273  DSC_0293

No comments: