For the first time in all of the adventures Jackson and I have gone on together, something “bad” happened today. We popped a tire on a gravel road. I promise I was going slow! I was in 1st gear. Alas, I heard the horrible hissing noise and then the low tire sensor beeped at me. At that point I was torn between excitement that I was finally going to get to change a tire all by myself and something like “oh, crap.” Fortunately, by the time I had pulled the jack out, a guy in a truck came by and saw my obvious plight. It was lucky that he came by so soon and lucky he knew exactly what he was doing. He had the new tire on in less than 15 minutes. Of all the millions of things that could have made the situation worse (i.e. crying kids, raining/snowing/really hot outside, not the right size wrench, flat spare tire) it was the ideal flat tire situation. I am very grateful for the kindness of strangers. Now on to the wonderful Fall colors we saw.
A well-earned cookie. Jackson started saying “cookie” and “nack” for snack this week. We stopped to look down the back side of Rock Canyon. I love this spot…
…and I love my little explorer buddy.
3 comments:
Such beautiful pictures and leaves! I can't wait for fall leaves here. What a cutie Jackson is becoming!
Gorgeous! I need to go exploring for colors like that around here!
Fantabulous! Glad we finally got internet back in I.F. so I could see your blog!
Post a Comment